Online MBSR Training  

RSS

Anxious Minds
(@ed)
Member Admin
June 3, 2017 11:41 am  

This online MBSR training course is 100% free, created by a fully certified MBSR instructor, and is modeled on the program founded by Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical School.

Welcome!
I’m so glad that I found this website! Here you will find a complete eight-week MBSR course, designed for people who are not able to take a live MBSR course for financial or logistical reasons. All of the materials used in the live course, including guided meditations, articles and videos, are freely available here. – Dave Potter

Offering something for nothing does seem a little suspicious these days

Is this online MBSR course really, truly, 100% free?

The short answer is “yes”.  There is no catch: no fees, no spam, you don’t even need to identify yourself or give an email address.

What are your credentials and why don’t you charge for the course?

Dave Potter is fully certified as an MBSR instructor by the University of Massachusetts Medical School and have been teaching live, in-person MBSR classes in my community for 12 years. I’m also a professional psychotherapist who has had a daily meditation practice for 25 years, and when I discovered MBSR, I wanted to offer it to my clients and my community. I started teaching my twice-yearly in-person classes in 2004 and, as a service to my students, began to put some parts of the class online. I soon realized that with a little work, the material could be useful to people who might not ever be able to attend a live MBSR class.

Creating and incrementally improving this resource has been a labor of love, and I’m happy to provide these materials without asking for a fee, something that is made possible given the economies of the internet, how the course is structured, and the generosity of other teachers. It pleases me to know that anyone with an internet connection, whether they live in Moscow, Idaho or Moscow, Russia, can find and use the rich set of materials here.

Is taking an online course an effective way to learn MBSR?

A live, in-person Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) class is still the best way to learn mindfulness, because it is more likely that you will complete the course, due to the live interaction and group support. (NOTE: YOU CAN JOIN ANXIOUS MINDS  DONATION BASED MINDFULFESS DROP-INS)

But doing an in-person course is not always possible, for financial and logistical reasons. This online course uses precisely the same course curriculum and resources that are used in my local in-person course, and if you follow the suggestions and practices for each of the eight weeks of the course, the learning can be just as deep and profound. In fact, the end-of-course reports I’ve received from online graduates indicate that they benefit just as much as people who complete the in-person course. For some recent end-of-course reports, see Testimonials / Gallery of Learning. There are currently over 1,000 graduates of the Palouse Mindfulness course, from 72 countries (see the Map of Palouse Mindfulness Graduates).

What if I have questions while taking the course?

As an option, any student may join the Anxious minds forum or support groups and donation based Mindfulness sessions.

Start today Here

ReplyQuote
Share: